Just In Time
Nutrition Obesity Research Center (NORC)
JUST-IN-TIME Core Laboratory Funding Program
The intent of the Just-In-Time (JIT) Core Laboratory Funding Program is to provide quick access to funding to use any NORC Cores for nutrition/obesity-related research.
|Adipocyte Biology and Molecular Nutrition Core (ABMN)||Nada A. Abumrad, PhD||747-0348 email@example.com
|Animal Model Research Core (AMR)||Clay Semenkovich, MD||362-7641 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Biomolecular Analysis Core (BMA)||Xiong Su, PhD||362-8352 email@example.com|
|Clinical Science Research Core (CSR)||Bettina Mittendorfer, PhD
Bruce W. Patterson, PhD
A total of up to $5,000 for young investigators and up to $3,000 for established investigators for up to 12 months
Application Due: 15th Day of Any Month, or first working day thereafter by 5pm CST
Award Decisions: 15th Day of the Following Month, or first working day thereafter
Award Start Date: Immediately Upon Notification
- Contact the Director of the Core to confirm the services requested can be provided. A list of the Cores, Core Directors and services are available on our NORC website (https://gns.wustl.edu/research/nutrition-obesity-research-center/).
- Access the JIT Core Laboratory Funding Program application through the NORC website at: https://gns.wustl.edu/research/nutrition-obesity-research-center/just-in-time-requests/ and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must be a WU faculty and a NORC member. Member eligibility and registration information are available at https://gns.wustl.edu/research/nutrition-obesity-research-center/membership/. For assistance with registration, Stephanie Paton (email@example.com or 314-362-2632)
- Awardees must obtain all regulatory approvals (IRB and/or IACUC) before the award is issued.
- Funds will not be allocated to the individual investigator; the PI will receive a voucher for the core services requested in the application. Upon completion of a service, each Core will submit an invoice to the NORC Administrative Core for payment. JIT award funds will be tracked within the NORC Administrative Core and statements sent to Investigators.
- JIT funds will be available to the PI for up to 12 months. JIT funding can only be used for projects completed within the funding timeline and cannot be used for services received before the award start date or after 12 months.
- The PI can only use the support for the protocol associated with the approved JIT application.
- Investigators will be asked to complete a brief survey, annually for 3 years after the JIT award expires to assist in evaluating the efficacy of this program.